Monday, April 18, 2011

Bargello

I am a member of an online group of wonderfully talented ladies called "Scrapfriendly." We have motivationals and challenges for all sorts of wonderful paper crafts from scrapbook pages to seasonal decorations. Every Friday, though, we have a card challenge. The challenge may be a technique, a theme, a color combination or an image. This week's challenge was the Bargello technique using scraps of paper to create an unique background for our cards. Below is the card I created for this challenge. Using two solid papers and two patterned papers, I cut .75" strips and adhered them to a thin background paper, butting each strip up against the previous strip. I then turned the paper sideways and cut .50" and .25" strips. Again, I adhered those strips onto a background piece, alternating the two sizes, and arranging them so the colors formed a zig-zag pattern. I then cut that piece to fit my card, leaving a slight border of my card base showing all around. I colored my stamped image using Copics markers, and I used my Nestability Dies to cut the image, the scalloped mat and the shape for the saying. I'm a ribbon kind of gal, so as a last touch, I added a bow to the upper right corner at an angle. I think it all came together nicely (if I do say so myself - smile)!
Jenée

No comments:

Post a Comment