Friday, January 27, 2012

Friendship


It is appropriate that this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle is about friendship and is called FEEL GOOD WITH A FRIEND. I am late getting my DT blog posted because I was on the computer for hours last night arranging a flight to visit two special friends. I will be flying to Indianapolis 17th February, and to say that I'm excited is quite an understatement! Anyway, on to this week's challenge card as I've procrastinated this post long enough.

Our sponsor for this week is Happileigh Scrappin'! Leigh creates both coloured and uncoloured images, and they are delightful! Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive the fabulous selection of digital images that our design team used this week... what a great prize!

My image is called Tea Cup Stack (http://hlscteaparty.blogspot.com/). Isn't it beautiful? I did actually colour my own image using the black and white digi, but I ended up using the coloured file from Happileigh for my card instead. Although I liked my own work (and will use it for another card), I liked the soft, Victorian look of the coloured image Leigh provided. (I'm an old fashion gal at heart in many ways - grin!)

I used a soft, printed DP that also had (to me) a Victorian feel. The card base is white with a layer of green then the DP.  I cut the Happileigh image out using a Marianne die (CR1204) which I got from Dutch Paper Crafts (link in my sidebar). This lovely die comes with the oval frame and three flower petal shape dies. The flowers at the top of my card were made using the flower petal dies and giving dimension to them by cutting, curling and stacking the pieces. The leaves are cut from a die (Cheery Lynn B117) that I also got from Dutch Paper Crafts. Lastly, I added a sheer ribbon and bow. There is plenty of room at the bottom of the card to add an outside sentiment appropriate to whatever your need (a nice rectangle with inked edges then matted on the green would look great and is what I should have done -- am a wee bit frustrated that I didn't quite "finish" this card, but it is gone so can't add the sentiment as I should have).

So there you have it. I hope you will be inspired to create your own friendship card -- next to a good family, good friends are life's greatest blessings. Remember not to take them for granted and to tell them often how special they are.


4 comments:

  1. Jenee, I just love how what you did with this beautiful image. It really does have a Victorian "feel" to it, and that's a great result, in my eyes...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so delicate, it makes me want to put on my white gloves and join you for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenee,
    Wauw what a beautiful card you made!! I realy love it!! Keep up the good work!
    Love, Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, even without a sentiment on the front. :) I love the romantic feel of the card. Nice job! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete