Thursday, January 5, 2012

Make It Colorful


It is Thursday again, so that means another wonderful challenge over at Card Crafter's Circle (http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/). This week's theme is "Make It Colorful." We'd like to see your super fun creations -- the more colorful the better (grin). I always like cards with lots of happy colors, and even more right now as the winter grays seem to be predominate everywhere. I definitely prefer the spring time with its warmer temps and lively blooms burting forth. Ah well, since I don't live on a tropical island, guess I must take each season in its turn.

We are fortunate to once again have as our fantastic sponsor the the uber-fabulous... Bugaboo Stamps! Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive their choice of 7 Bugaboo images... what an awesome prize because Bugaboo offers some absolutely darling images!

My image is the BBrat Girl Cupcake Sitter (http://www.bugaboostamps.com/BBrat-girl-cupcake-sitter_p_310.html). Isn't she a cutie? I colored her with my Copic markers on Cryogen card, then fussy cut her out. Using card cut at 6"x6", I created an easel card. I covered the packground with green dotty paper. The dots are raised and have a bit of sparkle to them. The lower half is a piece of DP from DCWV. The design includes several strips of candies, jelly beans, and cherries (the latter is seen when easel is standing). Those are all slightly raised with a bit of sparkle. All the papers work to create a nice, colorful and shimmery effect.

I placed a doily (Cheery Lynn die) on the green dotty paper and a small yellow ribbon at the point where the two papers meet. Using pop-dots, I lifted the little Cupcake Sitter for dimension and "sat" her atop the ribbon. I added three pink pearls at three points on the doily and then stamped the sentiment, using pink ink, onto a scrap piece of the Cryogen, cut it out and placed it beside my little image.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, and a great job on the coloring. Thanks for sharing on Stamp n doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so fabulous popped up on this wonderful layer of DP's! Love how you added the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the doiley to centre the little girl and the ribbon to give her a great focal point!!!
    Hugs Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card - cute image
    Thanks for hoining us at Stamp-n-Doodle this week
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card. Love the bright colors. Thank you for playing at Heart Song Inspirations.

    Lawren - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh how cute is this! Fantastic design and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OmGosh this is the cutest little image! You colored her so cute, too. The colors of this card caught my attention. Very pretty and cheerful! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete