Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tilda on Pointe

Despite it being my younger daughter's favorite color, orange is not a color I use very often. It is NOT a color that I'm particularly fond of. However, I've noticed lately that I've been using it quite a bit -- what's with that?

This little image was another from my stash that I needed to use up. It is still part of my "learning" process, and while I think this one is getting closer, I'm still not "there" yet when it comes to creating the folds in the skirt. The highlight on my skirt should have been vertical (with the folds) rather than horizontal (above the folds). However, Miss Tilda was just too cute, so I've used her anyway.

For this card, I tried to "tone down" the orange using blue and white as the complimentary colors. My base card is white. I've placed a layer of blue card on top and then a piece of patterned paper on top of the blue. The two patterned papers are from a little pack that I picked up at Michael's Craft store in the dollar bin. The 6x6" packet is called "Treasures" by Shabby Chic. I cut the one piece down for the background and then cut a 1.5" piece (which I matted with the blue) for the strip on the side.

I cut Tilda out using an oval Spellbinder and "popping out" her two feet. I then cut the blue using the Scalloped oval by Spellbinder. I added a paper doily behind the strip and a piece of blue ribbon on top of the strip. I then added Stickles to Tilda's crown (can't see it in the photo) as well as a tiny rhinestone at the top of the crown. I finished off with  some rhinestones and roses from WOC.

Overall, I think this turned out rather well, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. This orange dancer is so lovely! and such a beautiful card to place her on!

    ReplyDelete