Tuesday, September 18, 2012

In the Garden

 
IN THE GARDEN

He made all kinds of beautiful trees grow there and produce good fruit...
Genesis 2:9 GNT

Your card this week should follow our theme IN THE GARDEN... show us your idea of a garden or any aspect of one... trees, flowers, even the birds and little critters that one might find there. Remember the Garden of Eden where all manner of plants and animals dwelled?  Please use any scripture or inspirational quote/poem that offers a message of our theme.


Our sponsor this week is Soft Pencil Studios. At Soft Pencil Studios you will find a wonderful range of cute and lovable images suitable for many occasions, revolving around the sweetest children and animals. Our random prize winner will receive the three digital images that have been showcased for you by our design team.


When we were assigned the "in the garden" theme, my mind immediately went to my Grandfather's favorite song, titled "In the Garden." He so enjoyed listening to the words:
"I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

Refrain

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;"


Now I really liked those first two lines of the refrain. My Grandfather was a good and humble man who walked with God daily in all aspects of his life. However, I didn't like the next line which goes: "And the joy we share as we tarry there, None other has ever known."  I didn't like that lne because I thought it to be rather conceited and selfish. I've "analyzed" the line and considered that it might mean each person will feel the joy differently or that each experience will be unique to the person having it. I've considered the syntax from every angle, but the fact remains that when one knows God and walks with Him daily, as my Grandfather did, they will also know the joy, the peace and the assurance of being loved just like the person in the garden. That joy is not restricted to just a few. It is for all who accept knowing the Father.

After receiving my cute little image, my mind remembered words from a saying or poem (I don't remember which or the author's name) which go: "To plant a seed and watch it grow is to know God." I agree. I have never understood, when I look around and see all of the wonders of our world, how people cannot believe in God (or at least a higher spirtual being of some kind)!

Have a good day. God bless you.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how little things can spark a lovely memory? Your creation is just so pretty, Jenee....looks as if it should be in a little frame, and hung on a wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenee,
    I love all your pretty flowers you added in all different sizes, I will have to try that out!! This must have taken ages to make, I'm loving all your details!!!
    Hugs Trish xx

    ReplyDelete