Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Snowflakes are Kisses

Before I go into my card and the new challenge at Twist of Faith, I would like to wish each and every one of you a very merry and blessed Christmas. This is the date we Christians have chosen to represent the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the fulfillment of all the promises that await us who believe and follow. His love is unending and so we take time today to celebrate. My wish for you is for love and peace, surrounded by family, friends and God's Grace.

Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps! Our random prize winner will receive a $15 voucher for use at the Clear Dollar Stamps store! We're thrilled to have Clear Dollar Stamps as a sponsor because the images are wonderful, and the sentiments fit the heart of our challenges here so perfectly!
 
This week we have a colour challenge for you.... your creations can be along any theme, as long you use 
 
GOLD AND WHITE
 
I have kept my card clean and simple (especially for me). I started with a white card base. I topped that with a layer of gold glitter paper and then a layer of white again, embossed with the Provo snowflake embossing folder. On top of the embossed piece, I've added my adorable image which has been matted with the gold glitter paper. Lastly, I added a sentiment, "Snowflakes are kisses from heaven" which I matted on the gold and adhered at a tilt to the top right hand corner of the image.
 
I kept feeling as if I should have added a bow or some flowers or at the least punched snowflakes, because I kept feeling as if my card is "naked" (smile), but in the end, I decided the crisp, clean lines best let the adorable image stand out. Anything I tried to add was a distraction, so I decided to just keep the CAS design and not do anything more.
 
If you find you have a little "down" time after the "big" day, do hop over to Twist of Faith and see what my fellow teamies have created for your inspiration. We would enjoy your visit.
 
 
For today in the city of David a savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. You made this pretty creation glow with the addition of the gold paper, Jenée, and it works so nicely as a CAS card.....lovely expression on the little chap's face, don't you think? I endorse everything you have said about our Saviour, too......Merry Christmas, my sweet friend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that golden glittery paper! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete