Friday, January 18, 2013

A Layered Valentine

A happy Friday to you all. This week at Card Crafter's Circle, we are challenging you all to use LAYERS on your card. You may, as I have, used different layers of paper, you may decide to make your image 3-D and layer it, or you may decide to layer on lots of embellishments and bling. The choice is yours, as long as we can see layers of something on your card.

Our sponsor this week is, once again,  STAMP ART DESIGN BY KATHRYNE! We are thankful to have Kathryne as one of our regular sponsors and always enjoy working with her designs. Kathryne has a variety of images and is always working on new ones, so we know you will always be able to find  something great to use   for your crafting needs.

My image is this cute little Raggedy boy. You may remember that I have previously used one of Kathryne's adorable Raggedy girls (she has several), so it was only fair I give the guys equal time (smile). I've colored my image using my Copic markers (you've come to expect that, right?). Then using various DPs from Crate Paper (Toy Box Collection) and Kaiser Craft (Save the Date), and black card, I built up my colorful layers. The little ribbon is from my stash, as well as the hearts. I used a Martha Stewart punch on the stripy piece.

Hope you will have a little time to visit the Card Crafter's Circle blog and that you will be able to join us this week in our new challenge. Have a great weekend and week. 

Challenges:
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.com/ -- alcohol ink
http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes
http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2013/01/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-5.html - Anything Goes
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges - Valentine and ribbon
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ - Use a Digi

10 comments:

  1. Oh, this guy is so cute!! I love all the fun DPs, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your card Jenee! The colours are fabulous! I especially love the way you coloured the Little Raggedy Baby Boy. Gorgeous papers - it's all gorgeous! It's always a pleasure to be your sponsor. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoy the images and have fun with them. xx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest image ever, Jenee, love this card, thank you for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, Jenee.....love all the bright layers, and the image looks as if it would be a lot of fun to colour up. I especially like those hearts.....are they felt? Another great creation to add to your portfolio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOO CUTE and FUN!!! Love all the different DP's you put together and yes, all the layers too! Fabulous card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenee, your layers are totally wonderful and I just love the burst of colour! This raggedy boy is so sweet and I love the added hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project, beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs!
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too cute Jenee! I love all the layers and bright colors.

    Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just adorable! Thank you for playing along at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete