Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Time to Flutter

Sorry I'm late today getting my Flutter By Wednesday blog written. I've been gone today -- visiting a good friend -- and I didn't have a chance last night, after work, to preschedule my blog. Today is the last Wednesday of the month, so that means that our challenge for this week is open -- no theme, no sketch, no color requirement -- just whatever you want to do AS LONG AS you include either a fairy or butterfly.

My image is by Milk Coffee stamps -- isn't she pretty? I colored her up with my Copic markers. I also did something I seldom do -- I colored black hair -- shew, think it turned out well. I was not going to fussy cut this beauty, but because of the width of her wing span, I would have either had to use the cut outside the box technique or use a huge die. I weighed the issue for quite some time and finally decided to just give in and fussy cut! I cut the oval upon which the image is sitting with a Spellbinder die, and inked the edges with Tim Holtz distressing ink (I believe I used Antique Linen). I then cut a 5.5 x 5.5" white base card and layered it with DP from a Glitz Pack 8" paper pad. I also distressed the middle strip and the striped strip (although it does show on the stripey piece). The stripes are a dark chocolate brown as is the narrow ribbon (Offray). I added a clear teardrop shaped rhinestone to each corner and also tiny round ones to the center of the two large roses.

There is plenty of room at the top or sides of the card to add a sentiment, but I've not added one because, at this time, I'm not sure how the card will be used. I don't currently have a specific need in mind, so I've left myself options for a later date.

Hope you will join us this week in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge. We always enjoy seeing what all of you create. Please drop by and see what the DT has put together for your inspiration, and if you have a few minutes, visit their blogs and leave them some LUV.

3 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful Jenee, and so worth fussy cutting with those fabulous wings...gorgeous card.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, a beautiful image and some gorgeous coloring! A beautiful card Jenee!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card, I love the image and your colouring is so beautiful
    Sue

    ReplyDelete