Friday, January 25, 2013

Yellow and Green

I was so caught off guard with this card. I colored up the image early on and had it in my mind that I had actually made the card and was "ahead" of my game. Last night, when I went to prepare my posting, I discovered that yes, I had colored the image, but no, I had not made my card! As much as I like the spring season (and yellow and green is definitely spring-ish), the combination in my crafting is just so NOT me! I really seldom use yellow at all (green lots, but yellow not), so I did struggle a bit with this card.

Yellow and green is this week's theme for the Card Crafter's Circle challenge. We (and especially I) want to see what you do with this color combination (as you can tell, I need enlightening)! We are happy to have Milk Coffee Stamps joining us again with their sponsorship for you! Our random prize winner will receive their choice of FIVE Milk Coffee images!  I know that will be a fun prize to choose!

Now, I really, really like this little image (Milk Coffee's Fairy Princess). I think she is adorable and perfect for any little girl card. Look at her sweet little face -- a bit of a Mona Lisa smile. I colored her up with Copic markers. The cardstock I used is from my stash, and the patterned paper is from Kraft. I started with a green base which is layered with the yellow and then the DP. At this point, I felt my poor eyes and brain needed a bit of a "rest," so I added a white doily which is made from a Cheery Lynn die (FRM135, Swedish Spring Oval Frame). I then layered my image onto a piece of the yellow, punching one side with a Fiskar's scallop punch.

I added small pearls around my doily as the flower centers, and I used pearls in each corner cut from a strand of scalloped pearls (all by Recollections). My yellow ribbon and bow (Offray) is topped off with a yellow open tea rose (Recollection) which I adhered with dimension foam dots. My sentiment is computer generated using a font called Marnie and is layered with the green card.

Despite my lack of fondness for this color combination, the card actually turned out very pretty. IRL, the colors aren't quite as bright looking as they are in the photo I'm having to use. The yellows and greens are "softer" and     look quite nice together. My teamies over at Card Crafter's Circle have all come up with their own combinations. Take a look! Then get busy creating your own spring card with our color combo and enter it in this week's challenge.We want to see you there!

Challenges:
http://copicmarkereurope.blogspot.com/p/challenge-page.html - Anything goes
http://dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.com/ - Anything with wings
http://foreverfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - Favorite embellishment (Ribbons, flower & pearls)
http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.co.uk/ - For a Girl
http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Oh, you've been eavesdroppin', my friend....I said almost the same things about my card.....OUT LOUD.....but to myself, ha! You added the pretty white doily.... I had to put a bit pink in there, but we both had very sweet images to play with, so they turned out fine, lol. In fact, yours is more than fine, it's wonderful! My two youngest granddaughters would swoon over this beautiful princess creation.....Yvie-Grace is having a princess themed party for her birthday, in May.....she wants one of the wimples your little darlin' is wearing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this would be a tough color combo for me, too! But you've done a beautiful job with it, and your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenee, I truly think you've just won this challenge! I love how you've combined these two colours. Your colouring is just gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!! Yellow may not be your fave, but you did a fantastic job on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image is fabulously colored up and I agree, that color combination is a bit tricky to work with, but yes...you did certainly make it very attractive and beautiful. Especially love the rounded pearl corners, very classy :)

    Thank you so much for joining our challenge and sharing your wonderful talent with us at Dutch Dare.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find yellow challenging, however you have made a great job!
    Thank you for entering at ds4j and all the best.
    Jackie DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Your color is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Great coloring. Thanks for playing with us on DS4J.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may have struggled but you certainly made a beautiful card. Love the image and great design and layout.
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter for our 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely looking card. Very cute and sweet. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, amazing coloring...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete