Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sketch 187


Good morning dear followers. Today is Tuesday which means another sketch for you from Tuesday Morning Sketches. We have a fun and easy sketch and a FABULOUS sponsor!  Sweet n Sassy Stamps is in the house.  

The prize is 3 digital stamps, winner's choice
.



I have to admit I struggled some with this sketch -- not because it isn't a great sketch because it is. However, I have problems with scrolls and swirls. I have swirl stamps and swirly type dies, but I'm not comfortable with them to use them very often. I fussed and fussed with this trying various ideas. Finally I was successful when I turned the sketch so that the swirl was at the side rather than at the bottom. 

I apologize for the photo. The lighting has distorted the colors even after trying several different pictures and photo editing techniques, this was the best picture I could get. So, this is what we will work with today.

The card base is a mustard colored textured card from DCWV. The swirl is a clear stamp by Inkadinkado (97632, Sketchy Flourishes). I stamped it using Garden Green ink by CTMH. The green card and DP that I used for my square piece are from my scrap bag. The white oval is cut using one of my Spellbinder small oval dies. I stamped the swirl image onto white card and then cut a portion of it with the oval (it is from the part of the swirl that is hidden behind the square).

I punched three butterflies from two Martha Stewart punches in a melon color (from my scrap bag), placing the largest onto the white oval and the two small ones onto the stamped swirl at the side. I used rhinestone gems on the butterfly bodies. Lastly, the "with thanks" sentiment is a clear stamp I received in a free set when I purchased Cardmaking Magazine, a British magazine.

Now, please take a few minutes and run over to our Tuesday Morning Sketches blog -- and be prepared to be totally inspired by the wonderful DT cards shown there. 

9 comments:

  1. You did a simply smashing job with those swirls, Jenee...I admit to being a little put off when trying to use 'em, too, but I love the effect they give. This little gem is so feminine....love the mustard card..such a nice choice...and your flutteries are preeeteee! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd never guess this card gave you fits! It turned out lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your swirls look fabulous...the butterflies are the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an awful time with swirls too! I think you did a beautiful job with the sketch! I love the little butterfly embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Jenee!! I love the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Jenee! I am sorry you had a tough time with the sketch..you did a super job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. The butterflies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the butterflies. Makes me wish for spring!

    ReplyDelete