Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter Card


This week our challenge theme is:

EASTER
Your creation should also include a scripture,
uplifting verse or positive words/quote

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, 
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
 ~ John 3:16 NIV ~

This week's scripture share for you is probably one of the most powerful and well known scriptures in the Bible. It is offered to set the theme of our challenge, but as always, you are free to use whatever scripture, or verse/passage that will suit your creation in our theme.

Our sponsor this week is Robyn's FetishOur randomly drawn winner will receive their choice of five (5) digital images from  Robyn's Fetish ... and we thank our sponsor for their generous prize and continued support of our challenges.

If you read my previous blog entry, you know that we had a tornado run through our area last night. This is the second one, in the past 5 years, that has come through. Thankfully, this one was not as deadly or destructive as the previous one, but there was still damage done and property lost. As I look at the work that is ahead of us to clean up the mess that the winds and rain have left us (and figure out how to get our garage out of the greenhouse and off the roof of our storage building), it reminds me of the far greater work the early Christians faced as our Lord and Savior left them. I can imagine how over whelmed they must have felt. Yet, despite the winds of fear and destruction, those early Christian held fast. They knew the promises of God first hand, and they believed. Each spring we are reminded of our Lord's resurrection. We celebrate His Life, His death and His return to Heaven. Whatever ill winds may come our way, we are reassured year after year, day after day that we are loved. 

I have used Robyn's Bible image which I colored with Copic markers. I wanted to give my image an "antique" look. Unfortunately, my Bible pages are a bit darker than I had wanted, and I was not able to get them to lightening up. However. . . I cut the image out using a Spellbinder decorative frames die. I then used Tim Holtz's antique linen distress ink and inked around all of the sides. My background paper is a beautiful piece from my stash with a soft floral (roses) design on one side. My base card is a soft green that matches the leaves on my DP perfectly (wish the photo was better so you could see the beauty of the papers). My green ribbon is a sheer fabric with a cream line running through it. I made a triple loop bow for more fullness since the ribbon is so narrow. I added three lilies (Wild Orchid Crafts) above the bow. I printed off my sentiment ("He is Risen") and distressed it with the Tim Holtz ink, then curled it for the banner effect. Lastly, I added some pearls in the corners for a little more elegance.

Please take a look at the cards that our wonderful DT members have created this week, and if you are so inclined, we would really like to have you participate in our Twist of Faith weekly challenge. Thank you for stopping by, and God bless.

Challenges:
Celebrate the Occasion - Easter
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Easter
LEJ Designs Challenge - Add a Flower/s
Glitter and Sparkle - Easter
Sentimental Sunday - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Easter Treats
The Pink Elephant - Easter
Craftin Desert Diva's - Easter
Shopping Our Stash - Easter
Catered Crop - Flower Power

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!!! Your pages are not too dark at all! Love the calla lilies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenee, this is beautiful.....I love this sweet image and the way you coloured it (definitely not too dark) and the frame is so very pretty. I love your lilies....they just seem so right with this bible image.....beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenee, how pretty! I super love the background paper..it's a perfect pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love that background paper. Thanks so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas "Easter" Linky Party. Hope you will continue to join us.


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Easter card, thanks for sharing with glitter n sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely . Thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks God you're all save now, it must have been really scarry... brrr... Your card is very elegant, I like those flowers. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx
    P.S. I've got blogaversary candy on my blog, all you need to do is enter. I invite warmly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic card! Thanks for sharing at DTC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, Jenee! I love those lilies - I have some too & must use them :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Shopping our Stash this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness, such a lovely and totally elegant card, who would not love to see this in their mailbox! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (Easter!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. realy pretty,thanks for joining us at Glitter n sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Jenee, I love lilies, and I love the image you've used.... So glad your all Ok, it must have been so scarey for you....... Thank you for joining in at LEJ Designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and indeed he shall, I love the lilies along with your fabulous image! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Easter" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs and good luck, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete