Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Clean and Simple (NOT)

Boy did I ever goof this week with my DT card for Twist of Faith. Our challenge this week is


CLEAN AND SIMPLE
with a scripture, or uplifting verse/quote or positive words of healing, encouragment, or support.


Our scripture to share with you...
"The one thing I ask of the Lord -- the thing I seek most
is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His temple." 
                              ~ Psalm 27:4 NLV ~

Milk Coffee Stamps is our very generous sponsorship! Not only did they provide images for the DT members, but our random prize winner will receive their choice of FIVE  Milk Coffee images!



Now that I've taken care of all the admin stuff, back to my goof! Somehow I managed to misread the DT calendar and totally did NOT see the CAS requirement. UGH! So my card is anything but CAS (in the true sense of the word). Multiple layers, various patterned papers and flowers does not constitute CAS. However, it is what it is, so here is my little card for this week.

I have used the Milk Coffee imaged called Lisbeth Sits on Fence. Isn't she a sweety? I've colored her with my ever faithful Copic markers and cut the area into a square. I have started with my usual white base. All of the DPs are from the My Mind's Eye 6x6" "A Mother's Love" pad. I have matted them all with brown card. After layering the DPs and image, I have added orange and white flowers (Recollections, Wild Orchid Crafts and I Love Roses) and green leaves. The sentiment is computer generated and reads, "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10). I just felt little Lisbeth looked as if she was sitting there in the midst of God's beautiful day meditating and enjoying His wonderful glory.

We would love to see what you come up with for a CAS card. Do remember to include a scripture, uplifting verse or encouraging sentiment in order to be eligible for the wonderful sponsor's images. Hope over to the Twist of Faith blog to have a look at what my teammates have done to inspire you.

Happy crafting!


Challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Created With Love - At least 3 layers
Paper Makeup Stamps - Anything Goes
Eureka Stamps - Great Outdoors
Forever Friends - For a Child (Last challenge)
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. Jenee, this is really cute. Totally love your color choices.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute image. Love the colors. Thanks for joining our You Life me Up Challenge at Created with Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and it has been fun to see us use the same image on our cards! This one is so soft and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Works for me, Jenee, lol. I love the layers and the pretty flowers, but that little image makes this card super-cute....I wore socks like that to school! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say.....I love the scripture you used, too....we have Temples and I love to visit and spend time out of the worldliness that usually surrounds me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow your coloring is beautiful, love your card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Created with Love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenee: This is SO darling. I also left a comment on the TOF blog saying that the entire DT did an amazing job this week with their lovely cards using Milk Coffee images. Yours is one of my favorites - it's just SO soft and sweet and you colored your image just beautifully!
    Thanks for sharing this in our Great Outdoors Challenge this week at Eureka Stamps. I always love seeing your sweet cards.
    I hope that you will also stop back by Word Art Wednesday to share with us again there as well. We miss your fellowship and hope to see you again very soon!
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen
    Eureka Stamps
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, I love the image :)

    Thanks for joining our last ever Fortnightly Challenge at Forever Friends Challenge Blog, good luck in the draw and hope to see you over at our new challenge blog! CRAFTYFRIENDSCHALLENGEBLOG.BLOGSPOT.COM

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love - love - love this card! It´s so pretty and sweet!!! Hugs Renata

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is SO adorable.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww I love your card, what a fantastic image and layout, thanks for sharing with us at our final challenge at Forever Friends and good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Digi Darla DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    Brown Sugar Challenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Card! Thanks for joining us this week at CWLC Blog.

    Chris B.-DT

    ReplyDelete