Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fluttering By to Say Thanks


In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday observed here in the US, our theme for the last November challenge is "THANK YOU."  As usual, you must use a butterfly or fairy on your creation.

I know this may be a busy week for many of you. It is going to be jam packed at my house. It started yesterday when I had to drive 3 hours (1.5 hrs. each way) to meet for 30 minutes with a lawyer to finalize the sale of what had been my parent's house. Then today we start preparations for our family meal (sans my oldest and her crew). Thursday will be a packed house with two of my children, 3 of my grandchildren, 1 great grandchild (plus his Mommie), my hubby and I -- not to mention the three dogs and two cats -- ok, I said I wasn't going to mention them (smile), but they are our fur-babies; thus, part of the family. Thursday will be filled with good eats, family fun and lots of thanks! Friday we put away the Thanksgiving decorations and pull out the Christmas tree because the kids want to help decorate it (especially my son who will have to return to NC).

So, since you and I are both busy people right now, I'm going to cut out the chit-chat and get on to business! My card is fairly simple this week. I have started with a white card. I have cut a fish-tail banner from black paper and matted it with tan. I cut a white square (Spellbinder Fleur de Lis Squares die) from white card and added a small piece of DP (K&Company Ancestry pad) to the center. I stamped my butterfly using PSX (Personal Stamp Exchange) butterfly (D-512) with black Stazon ink and fussy cut it. I then adhered it to one side of the square. The sentiment stamp is by Stampin' Up (Wonderful Words).

I definitely would consider this a CAS card, but I was pleased with how it turned out. It really looks rather elegant in its simplicity, and was rather fun to make. I do hope you will be able to join us this week. I so enjoy seeing the beautiful cards all of you creative people share with us.

For all of you who celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, may it be a happy and safe one. For those of you who have either already celebrated or don't celebrate this particular holiday, have a wonderful week.

6 comments:

  1. So elegant Jenee...really,really pretty..Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and like Chrissy said, elegant! A wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Sometimes I think cards with a white background can be the most striking. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous and elegant!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful CAS and elegant card! Have a happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout...and the elegant die cut square is beautiful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete