Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Skiing Christmas


Good morning! Today would normally be my Inky Impressions post, but sadly I've stepped down from the Inky DT. I really enjoy the adorable Inky Impressions images (and of course, will continue to use them), but I had to reevaluate some things in my life and make some hard decisions. One of those decisions was to cut back on DTs. I've felt, for some time, that my creativity and my cards were getting a bit "stale." My Muses totally deserted me, and no matter how much coaxing, they would not return. My cards were starting to look, to me, repetitive and boring. I also felt my coloring was starting to suffer. Anyhoo, to make a long story short, I realized I just had too many irons in the fire and the stress and lack of time was showing in my work. With all that having been said, I would like to share a card I made with one of the newest Inky Impressions stamps.

The stamp is Nicholas Skiing. It was just released last week. Isn't it cute? My oldest grandson is named Nicholas, although he is not much into snow skiing (he lives near the beach where it doesn't snow). I colored this Nicholas with Copic markers and then cut the image into a circle using one of my Spellbinder dies. I inked around the circle with Colorbox ice blue ink.

My card is a white base with a piece of embossed blue card matted with navy. The blue is embossed with a Darci snowflake embossing folder. The two snowflakes are cut with Impression Obsession die DIE024-X. After adhering the snowflakes to my card, I added a rhinestone to their centers. The ribbon is a silver, glittery ribbon, and the charm (two mittens) is from the Inky Impressions store. The sentiment, which is stamped with navy, is from a free set I got with a British magazine. (I may swap out the sentiment to a winter saying since I will probably NOT use this card for Christmas.)

There you have it. Take care.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love the snowflakes and sparkly ribbon.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenee, you have a super cute card and a big loss for Inky Impressions. You have never been stale or boring...your cards are always a delight and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you embossed snowflakes and then cut and put on the card. You always need to take time to smell the roses. It is so hard to do when you are doing so much. Glad you have stepped back! Bet you see the mojo flying again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card!! (We love to ski!!!) Everything about it is very cute! I love the mittens charm!

    ReplyDelete