Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Bit of Vintage Ice


Today I'm sharing a card that I made while visiting my friend for one of our Wednesday playdates. This card uses stamps and dies by JustRite, and I actually had quite a lot of fun coloring them up and then inking over them. I used Copic markers for the initial coloring and then Tim Holtz distressing ink was applied over the top for a vintage look. The "Vanilla" sign has a matching Justrite die to cut it out as does the "Sweet Birthday." The ice cream, however, does not have a matching die, so I hand cut it. You cannot tell from the full view of the card, but I actually stamped the ice cream three times and colored two full versions and an extra "top" or ice cream. I layered them with foam dots. You can see it better in this next photo.


Before putting the last layer of the ice cream on the cone, I took my ball stylis and went all over the back of the image, rounding out the image somewhat. I was careful to put my foam just to the middle of the images so that they do not show. I also lifted the two signs slightly with foam dots.

I do not remember what pad the paper comes from as it belonged to my friend. I did use a taupe card base, and I cut the corner piece out of the solid taupe color and then added three small gems. This is quite a lovely card IRL, and even the Hubs liked it -- which totally surprised me as it isn't his usual taste. 

It is fun, every now and then, to change things up a bit and try different techniques, and these stamps and dies from JustRite were loads of fun with which to have a go.


1 comment:

  1. This is so YUMMY! now I want some ice cream.....are you working for the ice cream companies??? I love how you added the dimension to the ice cream with your stylis!

    ReplyDelete