Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lamb of God


I had fully intended to have this go live on Wednesday to coincide with Ash Wednesday. However, got called in to work Tuesday night to take the place of someone who called out, and I completely forgot my posting. Then I worked on Wednesday, and the next thing I knew, the week had slipped by. However, here it is now. I hope you enjoy.

This image is one of the Imagine That! - Digies by Kris sets. It can be found in the store HERE. The image was inspired by John 1:29 and is perfect for Easter/Resurrection Sunday projects. (This set is also available in German text, sold separately.) As do most of Krtis' sets, this one comes with a line drawing, a pre-colored version, and a number of appropriate sentiments for you to use.

I printed the line image onto X-Press It card and colored it with my Copic markers. My card base is brown with a layer of blue card which I dry embossed using the Regal embossing folder by Spellbinder. I also photocopied (using the copy function on my computer printer) the page from my Bible (book of Luke) of Christ's crucifiction. I cut my image into an oval shape using the Spellbinder oval die and then layered it onto a brown matting cut with Spellbinder's Floral Ovals die. I used ecru satin ribbon and white pearls (Recollections) to finish off my card.

Remember, Kris not only sells wonderful images, but beautiful digital papers and digital projects -- and at wonderfully reasonable prices -- so take a few minutes to swing by the store and have a look. It's a fun place to visit. If you are looking for inspiration and ideas, then stop by the Imagine That blog and have a look at the lovely projects made by the design team members.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Such a perfect image for the season and what a wonderful idea to back it with scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is just so gorgeous Jenée! Love the whole card - the fancy frame, the pearls, the scripture paper and embossed layers. You did this set justice for sure - thank you so much!! xX Kris

    ReplyDelete