Friday, April 11, 2014

This Little Piggy


I have another card for you today using one of the little "wellie" images from Imagine That - Digies by Kris. As I mentioned last week, Kris has a whole series of these adorable wellies using different themes from Ladybugs to Cowboy Cacti. This time I've used the "Piggies/Tulips" image. (You can find it in the webstore by clicking on the image name above.)

I normally color my images rather than using the pre-colored ones offered by Kris in each set; however, after printing off the line image, I realized that there aren't a lot of colors associated with piglets, so I would probably use pink myself. Humph! Why recreate the wheel? Kris' colored image is already beautiful, so I went ahead and used it instead.

I cut my printed image into an oval and inked around the edge. I cut the pink mat and inked around the edges of the mat. My card base is a white card. I've layered it with the butterfly patterned paper which I maded with lavendar. I then cut a strip of lavendar and punched one side of it with a Martha Stewart scalloped punch. I added a lenth of lavendar ribbon on top of the lavendar strip. After layering all my pieces together and adhering them, I decided to keep the card rather clean and simple, so the only other things I added were the sentiment and the corner piece (Cheey Lynn corner die). The sentiment piece looks rather bright in the above photo, but it actually perfectly matches some of the butterflies in the background paper (you can see one just above the sentiment).

The Piggies/Tulip set also comes with a plain lined wellie with the tulips and a polka-dot wellie with tulips, so it gives you three different options for making wonderful spring cards. (Note that the plain wellie and the polka dot wellie are not pre-colored.) It also comes with five different sentiments for you to use. Do take a minute and stop by the webstore to see all seven boot sets. They are all just wonderful!

I'll be back (hopefully) next week with a new card using yet another image in the series. Not going to tell you which one, though. You'll just have to stop by next Friday to see.

2 comments:

  1. Such a Springy card Jenée!! Love that butterfly paper in the bg and your cute fancy corner and frame around the image. Lovely way to send a "Happy Spring" to someone *Ü* Hope you're enjoying lovely weather this weekend! xx Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes sense, Jenee..not too many colors for pigs other than pink..i do like how you put this together..works super!

    ReplyDelete