Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tea Cup Kitty

Happy Tuesday, y'all! It is time for another wonderful sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. Our fantastic sponsor this week is Sami Stamps. I am especially partial to Sami Stamps, having served for over a year on Sami's design team. Here is this week's wonderful sketch:





I have used the image, Kitty Cup 2

I combined coloring with Copic markers and paper piecing on this adorable image. I wanted the cup to have a floral tea set look, so I pieced it. I printed the base image and colored the kitty head. Then I printed the image onto the floral paper and cut out the cup, adhering that to the base image. I then printed the image again and colored the kitten paw and tail so they could be cut and placed over the rim of the cup. The two gems are from Studio 6.

The card base is a piece of cream card. The blue card has been dry embossed with a Cricut embossing folder. The band across the card is a piece of green (matches the leaves in the tea cup floral) with the cream on top. The flowers are a combination of Wild Orchid Crafts (small) and Recollections (blue rose).

Remember, we are still looking for two new DT members. If you are interested, you will need to use all four sketches from this month. If you have missed a week, you can still "catch up" by posting the missed sketch on your blog (see the Tuesday Morning Blog for full details).

5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, Jenée! I never think to print my digis on DP for paper piecing. Great idea I need to do! [And I finally figured out how to get the accented é! :) ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper pieced kitty looks fantastic in the tea cup! Like Debbie, I am going to try printing on patterned paper also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenee!! Thank you for creating with Sami Stamps images. I love your card! I was going to invite you to the FB Sami Stamps group, but i know you are already there. :) I love how you paper pieced the cup!

    Bonnie- Sami Stamps DT co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paper pieced cup! Love the paper you used and those pretty flower accents! Such a cute image

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really sweet - I love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete