Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Paris Beauty


Tuesday morning, and time for another wonderful sketch. We have been having some beautiful, classic designs lately which have been so much fun to use. Here is the sketch:



Here is a picture of this week's super prize:




I have not been to Paris. When we were in the UK, we had planned to go over to Paris but never made it. The closest I've ever been has been watching the Tour de France or House Hunters on television (smile).  However, my older daughter was proposed to in Paris.

My image is clip art that I collected some where along the way (sorry, I don't have a source). I printed it off onto card stock and then cut it with a Spellbinder nesting die. Notice my die is slightly different than the one in the sketch. I do not have that particular die shown, so used what I do have. I also needed a more rectangular style for my image. (It is OK to use a different die as long as you don't alter the basic design of the sketch.) 

I started with a 5" x 7" tan card base and layered it with a mossy green paper from Hot off the Press (Vintage Paper collection). I used lavender satin ribbon. I then cut the next die size up from my image using another piece of paper from the Hot Off the Press collection. Lastly, I added purple flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Please join us this week. We always love to see what our followers do with the sketches we share each week. We are also leading up to our 8th anniversary at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Next month we will be celebrating with some extra fun challenges and extra wonderful prizes. You will definitely want to stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love every element of your card!
    I had the privilege of visiting Paris about 20 yrs ago. It's beautiful! We even went up the Eiffel Tower. It was interesting riding the elevator (which travels at a slant!) and being at the top (which moves slightly) while feeling nauseated with my first pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenee,

    Your card is outstanding. Such pretty lavender accents. I hope you do get to Paris one day - perhaps even with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely is your card!! The colors are just dreamy and I love the Eiffel tower image and purple flowers! What a beautiful take on this sketch! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card Jenee I haven't been to Paris either I haven't even been across the pond at all happy you got to go to the UK at least and your card can just conjure up sweet travel dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is stunning! Is that paper or embossing? Wow!! It's gorgeous and the colors are wonderful. Very well done Jenee.

    ReplyDelete