Sunday, November 12, 2017

For a Friend

 Today I made a card to send to a friend. She is the sweetest lady and is highly thought of by everyone who knows her. A month ago, she was diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer. The up side is her doctor feels it can be eliminated with surgery. The down side is she has been waiting for the surgery because they need to get her built up a bit. 

I started with a white card as my base and then used We Are 3 digital papers and sentiment for the rest. The background paper and the strip are from the Spring Letters collection  (https://www.etsy.com/…/we-are-3-digital-paper-spring-letters).

 The sentiment is from the Little Things Sentiments
(https://www.etsy.com/…/we-are-3-digital-shop-sentiments-lit…)

The flower is handmade using Heartfelt Creations dies and paper from the Fall Inspiration Collection (Orange Glow  https://www.etsy.com/…/we-are-3-digital-paper-fall-inspirat…)

I have been having a lot of fun using the digital papers from We Are 3. I hadn't used digital papers much, but it has been very nice (and much quicker) to print off the papers that work together. No going through pad after pad after pad to find papers that would give me the "look" I am after. Not counting the flower (which I had already made previously), this card took me less than 20 minutes to make, and that included cutting the sentiment with a Spellbinder die and inking the middle strip with Colorbox brown ink.

We Are 3 has images (both black and white and pre-colored), sentiments and papers designed to make you a crafting expert in no time at all. Go check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment